Monday, August 30, 2010

Zucchini Patties


All is quiet on the home front. This weekend I was not very creative in the kitchen, unless you count wild rice with mushrooms a culinary feast. Of course when I drop the poundage I'll bring out the new recipes that I've created out of necessity. People will be knocking down my door for these waist whittling meals! Until then, I have dug into my archive for this zucchini patty recipe.

My parents used to make these as a side dish during the late Summer when zucchini was at its peak. I've continued that tradition with my family. These are great on flavor but they aren't very photogenic. Thus, no picture this time, folks.

1 1/2 c grated zucchini (pressed dry, very important)
2 T finely chopped onion
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
2 T mayonnaise
1/4 c flour
2 eggs
1/4 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all above ingredients. Melt butter or margarine in nonstick skillet, drop an orange sized dollop for each patty and fry on medium until browned on both sides. Makes about 6-8 patties.

2 comments:

  1. I tried these on Sunday, and really, really, easy and good. Thanks for the recipe....just don't give them all away, we need to buy the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have most of my "really good" recipes and stories reserved for the book. Where will you be visiting in Italy? Aren't you excited? I am for you.

    ReplyDelete