Monday, August 2, 2010

You Can't Go Home Again







Who said "you can't go home again"? I grew up in a small fishing town called San Pedro near Los Angeles. I used to call it the "eternal cul -de- sac". It seemed as if no one entered or left and there was not much to do. It's ironic that most of the vacations we take now are to places eerily similar. Locations on the beach with nothing to do. Maybe this is my way of bringing back those great memories of going to the beach as a child. Playing in the tide pools, watching the surfers and always having that endless supply of seafood at my fingertips!


Today is a self-proclaimed day of reflection. No fancy recipes, today, although I will be creating later. I've been gardening, reading, writing and walking down memory lane with my mom. Extracting memories for my book reveals an immense range of emotions! But, this is what I signed up for and I'm enjoying the journey.






No comments:

Post a Comment