Thursday, September 3, 2015

Zucchini Palooza



I feel it is my civic duty to provide a few recipes for dealing with the prolific zucchini.  We've been fortunate once again to have an abundance of zucchini, yellow squash and the ripening, as I speak, "better boy" big juicy red tomatoes!   I discovered this year that eggplant, whether the thin Japanese type or mini globe specie, is a delicacy for squirrels!  Here one day and gone the next!  Oh well, they must be hungrier than me.

If you're wondering what to do with your bounty, look no further.  You can make zucchini hash, zucchini soup, ratatouille, zucchini patties or sticks and for dessert, try the chocolate zucchini cake!  In addition to these you can also, steam, saute with a bit of olive oil or coconut oil and eat it fresh from the garden, raw along with good ole ranch or blue cheese dressing!

Just click on the items above for each zucchini post.

Stay tuned for delicious tomato ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment