Friday, August 13, 2010

Tropical Chicken


Aloha, and greetings from Hawaii! No, sorry to say I'm not sitting on my lanai with a pineapple smoothie! I treasure the memories that I've had while visiting Hawaii. Once with my family and two times with my hubby. I think I'm overdue for another tropical vacation. How about you? But until then I'll pretend with this recipe of Tropical Chicken and let those pleasant memories come flooding back with every bite.

5-6 boneless chicken thighs or white meat breast tenders
1/2 c flour, in a bowl
garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
1 T olive oil
2 T butter
1/2 can chunk pineapple
3/4 c juice from the canned pineapple
1/2 lemon or lime
parsley or cilantro as garnish

Season the chicken and dredge in the flour. Heat the oil and place the chicken in fry pan to brown, turning once. Add the juice from the pineapple and juice from lemon or lime. Then add the butter and pineapple. Cook until chicken is done. This will vary depending on your choice of chicken. If using thighs you may need to add more liquid to keep from sticking. ( use more pineapple juice, chicken broth or white wine) Garnish and serve. Feeds 4 people. You can put over a nice basmati rice or wasabi mashed potatoes. Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment