Friday, August 5, 2011

"Personal Pan" Mini Garden Frittata


For lunch the other day I was craving veggies from the garden.  My beets are growing nicely and now that a proper wire fence to keep the critters out has been installed, I've been able to salvage a few zucchini blossoms before the rabbits and squirrels get them!  These are great in scrambled eggs, (blossoms and beet tops, not rabbits and squirrels!) and also excellent in frittatas.

While trying to be a little health conscious, I used egg whites, only.  I realize making a frittata is not rocket science, however, have you ever tried to make one on a hotplate in your garage.  I thought not! 

Place a tablespoon of butter into a nonstick frying pan and melt on medium heat.  Add what ever you want in your frittata.  My choice was a few cut up zucchini flowers (or thinly sliced zucchini) and cut up beet tops.  (Spinach would be a good substitute if you don't have beet tops or leaves hanging around.)  Cook these until barely limp.  Add egg whites  (about 1/4-1/2 cup) or the whole egg (2), slightly beaten.  Continue to cook until egg sets and is dry around the edges.  At this point, I added some buffalo mozzarella medallions (2 cut up).  Now you'll need to flip this over to cook on the other side.  This should be easy if you used a non stick pan!  If you didn't, so sorry...  It will still taste great!

Other remodel meals we've had during the first week were chili dogs last night. 

Gourmet Delight!
 Then my dad and mom brought over the best homemade clam chowder, the night before.  What a blessing that was!

The Best Clam Chowder!


So as the week comes to an end, here's a look at some progress:


Passed the electric and gas inspection!  (Thanks to the furry "inspector in training)

Not much difference, but I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Having been through this a couple of times, I know how diffecult remodeling a kitchen can be....just keep your eye on the prize. And keep posting lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete