Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Food from my Euro Kitchen


It's the third day of the kitchen remodel and I'm developing a certain "flow".  The first full day was rugged, I have to admit.  The constant pounding and hammering of the workers attempting to loosen and remove the existing tile floor was deafening!  I thought since I would be confined to the home front that it would be a great day to catch up on my reading and writing.  NOT!


Tile removed from entry to kitchen

What I woke to last weekend.  Hubby removing upper cabinets...look out!

Cabinets falling onto bench below!
I won't show the "before" pictures until the reveal, but I will tell about the progress and the meals that are created from my Euro kitchen setup.  Our temporary kitchen is in the garage.  "You might be a redneck",  if your kitchen looks like this!  I prefer to call it camping at home or "garage gourmet"!


The real Euro/Italian kitchen

Our makeshift Euro/garage gourmet kitchen
So, the first dinner consisted of French toast made on a hotplate!  I wanted something simple to make sure I didn't burn down the garage!   Delicious!  The next morning, cereal and, of course, coffee!  No problem...   By Tuesday evening I ventured to make steamed broccoli and chicken Milanese (kind of).   We have a table in our bedroom where we dined in comfort.  This morning was oatmeal with raisins, pecans and maple syrup!  Not bad!

Meals take a little more orchestration than usual, but so far, things are running smoothly including the actual remodel.  The workers are fantastic!  I have no complaints because the finished product is going to be wonderful.

After day 2.   No turning back now!

No comments:

Post a Comment