Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chicken Breast with White Wine & Ginger Cream Sauce


The other day I wanted something other than a TV dinner.  A peanut butter and jelly sandwich was becoming mundane!  Off to my "gourmet garage"  I went.  With chicken tenders in hand I scoured the pantry and refrigerator to see what I could come up with.


The construction crew were here in full force so getting out of my driveway was not an option.  (Actually, the guys in our crew are the best.  I'm sure if I had asked, they would have moved their trucks.)  But, no need!  I am the Garage Gourmet!

Anyway, this is what I had for lunch and saved some for hubby for when he got home. 

Chicken breast with white wine & ginger cream sauce

Ingredients:

A small pkg of chicken breast tenders or chunks

a dash of each, garlic powder, pepper, salt, herbs de Provence.

2-3 Tbsp butter

a drizzle of white wine

1/4 - 1/2 cup heavy cream

About 1 Tbsp of minced or zested fresh ginger root

A little drizzle more of wine and cream (at the end for sauce)


Sprinkle the chicken with the spices.

Melt butter in a frying pan on medium heat.  I used an electric frying pan because it was easier than a hotplate.  Cook on one side for about 6-7 minutes.  Turn and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.  (enough time to brown)  This is a very quick dish!

Add a drizzle of white wine and  heavy cream.  Cook until done (about 4 mins) and remove from the pan and place on serving plate.  Add the ginger to the pan and let it sizzle a bit.  Then add more white wine and heavy cream.  Mix and stir well, cooking on low heat for a minute or so.  Pour on top of the chicken and serve.  Delicious!

As for the progress on our kitchen remodel, it is floor tile time!  Looking good!




Looking great, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment