Sunday, August 7, 2011

Home with a View


I'm very fortunate to live in an area where my front yard is basically the majestic Sierra Nevadas.  The mountain range rises up to Mount Rose and after traversing the winding road to the top, and through a beautiful meadow, you begin the trek downward towards the Tahoe Basin.

Part of Tahoe Meadows

Mount Rose this winter

The view is spectacular outside our home and as I was out watering this week, I had an unexpected pleasure.  First I heard the familiar "whoosh" of a hot air balloon.  Looking toward the sound I saw at least three multicolored hot air balloons rising.  Of course, I grabbed my camera and went for a quick impromptu walk up the hill.


My relaxing view

The "change in scenery" was a welcome one, in contrast with the chaos from our kitchen remodel.  It provided a few relaxing moments! 

Back to reality and the kitchen progress, today the workers are painting cabinets.  Let's just say the fumes don't smell like cinnamon rolls baking!  The next couple of days will be painting, sanding and more painting.  I admit the cabinet painting idea was a little scary at first.  After seeing only the white primer, I can visualize the finished product, and I think they'll look awesome.  Here's some of the progress.


1st coat - primer

My pantry is not bare, but closed
Off limits - Living room

No comments:

Post a Comment