Friday, September 24, 2010

Wendy's Weigh-In


I can't believe a month has passed since I designed my life change slim down plan. Drum roll, please! 10+ pounds this morning. My food still consists of mostly vegetables, potatoes, rice pasta, beans, a little fruit, wine, yes I said wine and oatmeal or certain cereals with rice milk. No dairy, no butter, no eggs and no meat, (except for the one bite of chicken Milanese). I had to try it for your sake! After all, I am the official taste tester!


For lunch the other day I had leftover steamed zucchini with roasted red peppers on a piece of 14 grain bread spread with lemon flavored hummus! I know it sounds weird to some of you but it was heavenly! No mayo for me. Hummus is my new BFF! (best friend forever for the technically challenged ones)


So, I just wanted to check in and measure the progress, not that you care but maybe there is someone out there who is struggling with the weight issue. It's been a lifelong work in progress for me. And it's not the easiest thing to do when you love to create in the kitchen! But it can be done with a little "food fortitude", enormous amounts of patience and a little help from my friends and family. You keep me accountable. Until 2 weeks from now on this subject. Let the cooking begin!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete