Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Great Slimdown Revisited


Week 2 Results

The results are in. The dreaded scale has never been my friend but this morning we made amends. 7 lbs lighter, blood pressure way down and cholesterol medicine reduced by half! What a difference those seven pounds make. But, I have to be honest. I really miss the pasta and fish, so I 'll add fish to the menu once a week, doctor's orders.


I have found some "secret weapons" in my quest for low fat, low sodium snack foods. Whole foods makes a wasabi rice cracker that is amazing. It's not like those cardboard rice cakes of the past. Gag! Also, sugar snap peas taste like you're eating candy, seriously! My cherry tomatoes from the garden are a lifesaver and soooo good. I was even able to have sushi and a glass of Barolo this last week! Believe me when I tell you that I am not feeling deprived when I can eat a smidgen of my favorite foods once in a while.


My reward was a LONG, HILLY walk this morning! I'm refreshed and renewed from the weekend and ready to seize the day. Carpe diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment