Thursday, September 2, 2010

French Country Vegetables


I'm feeling a little french today. Currently I'm reading Julia Child's book "My life in France". She was quite the visionary and had such passion for her cooking. Actually, it's ONE of the books I'm reading. If you're ever at my home you will find books scattered everywhere. These are my friends and one of my addictions. If given the choice to buy new clothes, shoes or a book, I will unflinchingly choose the book! Weird, I know, but a book will last a lifetime not those shoes. The finest scenario would be me on a beach with a book while sipping a glass of wine or margarita after a meal of seafood pasta. And later some ice cream, chocolate, of course! But, a good book will always be by my side.

I know the French have always gotten a bad rap, but, nevertheless it is my heritage. So, today I'll prepare my French Country Vegetables.

6 medium Yukon gold potatoes, bite size
1/3 purple onion, chunks
1 each, zucchini and yellow squash, chunks
7 cloves garlic, halved
1 T fresh chopped thyme
3 T fresh chopped rosemary
1/4 c olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Place all in a large roasting pan. Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, mixing every 15 minutes. During the last 15 minutes you can add chopped chicken meat as an option. Garnish with goat cheese and drizzle with more olive oil. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment