Friday, September 10, 2010

Roasted Garden Potatoes and Onions






Roasted anything always comes out better tasting. By roasting your veggies the flavor is amazingly enhanced. Without sounding like the guy (Bubba)on Forrest Gump, I've roasted broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, potatoes, garlic, onions, eggplant, red bell pepper, mushrooms, fennel and the list goes on. You can even get more creative just by adding different spices or seasonings, whether fresh or dried.


These potatoes and onions were "special" because they came straight from my garden and I need to give credit to my dad who donated the onion bulbs and spuds early this Spring. I obediently put them into the ground as an experiment, I thought! Out of four spuds I reaped a harvest enough for 4 meals for four people! Next year as I mentioned in a previous blog those spuds will get top ranking. It only seemed fitting that I would invite my dad and mom over to enjoy the harvest dinner of Mojito Chicken with roasted potatoes and onions.




Cut up, depending on size, your potatoes and onions. Place on a cookie sheet pan, drizzle with about 2 T olive oil, a couple sprigs of rosemary and thyme, (removed from stalk) salt and pepper to taste. I also added some garlic cloves that weren't peeled until done to preserve their moisture. I don't feel the need to measure and you shouldn't either. Roasting time varies. You can roast slowly on 350 degrees for 30 mins or faster at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. You be the judge, there is no law and the roasting police will not come after you. Just cook it!

No comments:

Post a Comment