Monday, February 7, 2011

"Super" Gorgonzola Sliders


Hooray!  Football season is coming to a close.  As predicted the Packers won, for all the wrong reasons which were explained in a previous post.  Okay, I did sneak some peeks as the game was playing out, mostly to catch a glimpse of the commercials and halftime performance.  While the performance may have produced a spectacularly choreographed light show my overall opinion was lackluster.  Was it just me or did anyone else feel this way?  I guess I'm getting old or I would like to think I have better taste in music.  Enough said.

The highlight was the performance in the kitchen!  I produced some last minute Superbowl sliders with a touch of Gorgonzola.  I didn't write the measurements down (Remember, I don't usually measure ingredients when I create.)   I can give "guidelines" on this one so you can replicate or at least come close!  My only regret was not adding a little roasted red pepper for more flavor but they were good as they were.

Ingredients:  For 2 servings, 5-6 sliders

About 1/4 lb ground beef (You could make these from a ground vegan "meat product", too.)
1 T green onions, chopped
1 handful of chopped fresh spinach
1/4 c Gorgonzola or blue cheese

Mix all the ingredients and form into small burgers.  Cook in a skillet or grill pan, turn once and continue cooking until done.  Serve on a bed of lettuce or make into mini burgers with buns if you wish.

2 comments:

  1. Great surprise gourmet sliders.

    I Love you
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and son would appreciate these sliders a great deal. They both love blue cheese!

    ReplyDelete