Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Peach Pie Smoothie


Yes, I admit it.  I am a foodie.  I have files of recipes that I have tried and others "waiting in the wings".   As part of the kitchen remodel, I decided to purge most of the ones I knew I'd never try and really made a dent in them.  But,  my "to do" cooking file is getting bigger by the minute as I wait and wait to be able to bake or cook.  It's kind of a bucket list in the cooking arena, if you will.  I don't have a bunch of cookbooks, surprisingly enough.  I create most of my own recipes.  On the short list is ginger ice cream, cocoa seared scallops,  homemade limoncello, sweet polenta pizza and pumpkin anything!

Until I can have these goodies, I made hubby and I a peach pie smoothie.  With one sip of it, last night,  the cravings were gone.  It's tasted every bit as decadent as a real live peach pie.  Well, maybe that's going a bit far, but it was delicious!

Peach Pie Smoothie

In a blender crush 7-8 ice cubes.  Peel and core 2 ripe peaches (makes 2,  1-cup servings)).  Put them in the blender with the following:

A couple drops of liquid stevia sweetener

a dash of cinnamon

a drizzle of fat free half & half

a drizzle of vanilla

Puree it all for about 10 seconds and voila - peach pie, or something like it.  Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.  Very nice...

Thick & creamy peach pie smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment