Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Baby!


It hardly seems possible that 37 years ago, today, I married the love of my life.  Of course, we did things backwards, moved over 500 miles away from family, (my family followed me) then got married 2 months later.  It was not much of a wedding or celebration.  It was very short notice on our part and we got married on a rainy Monday. (My job said they would fire me if I took the 4th of July weekend off to get married.)  Being the guilty Catholic school girl, I obliged.  So wrong!  It goes to show you that even back in those days, in some circles, marriage was not valued as a big deal.  I guess my bosses though we would be like all the rest, divorced in no time.   Now, it's legal for cats and dogs to get married, practically.  Don't get me started on this....

Flash forward to today, if I had it to do over, I would have told my job where to go.  But, that's in the past and I have moved on.  Today, I still love the man I married, probably even more now because of the wonderful person and father he has become.  I am proud to be your wife, your friend, your personal chef, your travel companion and anything else you need me to be.  Love you...looking forward to the next 37 years!

No cooking today....

No comments:

Post a Comment