Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blessed on My Birthday


I have to say that I'm surrounded by the most wonderful family and friends a girl could ask for.  I've celebrated many birthdays (too many - I think it's been 29 or so!)  Yesterday, with no expectations for the day, except to enjoy it and reflect on all those years, I was embraced by many well wishers.  Thank you all!  I was even told, via an email, to wander out to my mailbox where there was a surprise package from my girlfriend!  Thanks, Cathie...you're the best.  If you haven't checked out her blog, please do.  She is my "little voice" that inspires me to write!

After my walk and tending to the flowers, my parents came up bearing gifts and chocolate!  I happen to have the best, most caring parents!

Later in the day I made my birthday cupcakes.  I had been wanting to try a recipe of Giada's, her vanilla cupcakes with strawberry mascarpone filling!  I'll post that another day.  To compliment the cupcakes, my son and his beautiful girlfriend, brought up homemade strawberry lemon sorbet! 


 They also prepared a wonderful meal of scallops, shrimp and cod on a bed of assorted veggies and saffron laced rice.  I was really made to feel special (and humble) when Leilani brought up her traditional "You are special today" red plate to eat from!    The food was amazing, but being able to have family and friends around is "priceless".

Of course, my favorite guy, Ralph, made my day complete, as he makes every day special.  So, yes, I am very blessed and spoiled! 



http://supernovel.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment