Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Simple "Slimming Sandwich"


It seems I'm beginning to sharpen my sandwich skills in anticipation for a kitchen remodeling project.  Yes., We're finally updating our kitchen.  New granite surfaces, new gas cook top, (I'll need to learn to cook  all over again.)  So many ideas are flooding my mind.  I already have a great "work triangle" but there's always room for improvement!

At any rate, it's a process I'm looking forward to.  Even the chaos which will surely arise with a kitchen remodel will not bother me because I'm focused on the end results.  A beautiful, functional cook's kitchen.  Maybe I'll even hold cooking classes..anyone interested?   I'll keep you posted.  The demolishing has not yet begun, but this sandwich may very likely be on the "remodel menu"!

2 bagel thins (Love those!)

2 slices provolone cheese

1/2 cucumber sliced thin

1/2 avocado, sliced

basil leaves

Mayo, brown spicy mustard or your favorite spread (try hummus)

1/2 roasted red pepper, sliced

lettuce or spinach topping (optional)

salt and pepper (if you wish)

I lightly toasted the bagel thin and slathered mayo on hubby's and combination mayo/mustard on mine. Sometimes, I'll use roasted garlic hummus as a sandwich spread!  Good stuff!   Arrange the rest of the ingredients and dinner is ready.  A no-stove, no-oven allowed recipe.   Here's hoping the remodel goes as simple as this sandwich preparation!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment