Monday, May 30, 2011

To Grill or not to Grill!


Yesterday I awoke to some seasonal yet unsavory weather.  The roses, irises, petunias and anything else trying to sprout were covered in snow.  Thankfully, I had sense enough to leave my new tomato plants in the garage.  They'll probably have a temporary home for a few days, because you never know around here!

Springtime in the Sierras

We went to my parents for a barbecue, however, snow and barbecue grills don't mix.  My mother rose to the occasion and had her stuffed chicken recipe, she labels "Jeremy's favorite chicken".  She would make this chicken at his request for his birthday dinner for several years. Being in a funk from the depressing inclement weather, I forgot my camera.  No pictures!!  I promise to get this recipe from her.  It is yummy!   We had her potato salad, fresh corn on the cob and fruit salad.  All the fixings of a barbecue, just no grilled meat! 

Even though we cherish our meals together, on Memorial Day especially,  we must remember all the service men and woman who have made the ultimate sacrifice,  so we can gather together unencumbered and enjoy our freedoms and bounty that we so often take for granted!

If you decide to brave the weather in your part of the country, here are some grilling ideas from past posts.  Enjoy the day and remember the true reason for the "celebration".

Minted Lamb Chops

Gorgonzola Sliders

Grilled Maple Salmon

Swordfish Skewers

No comments:

Post a Comment