Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pasta of the Month - Spaghetti con Pomodoro e Vongole



Times flies by so quickly these days.  I realized I hadn't posted my "pasta of the month" for September.  This recipe is a combined approach to a simple pomodoro (tomato)  along with clams (vongole).  My tomatoes have been producing in spurts so linguine with clam sauce needed to become more accommodating.  All in all it was a great "marriage" of flavors.

What?  No picture of the finished dish?  That is so unlike me.  Anyone knows they can't eat without "the picture" being snapped!  Oh well, we must have been awfully hungry, but it was a pretty site and it tasted quite good!

Ingredients:

1/2 lb. of spaghetti

2 Tbsp olive oil

3 green onion, chopped

3 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped

2 cups fresh tomatoes. I used my "early girl variety.

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

2 cans (6.5 oz) chopped clams in juice.

2 Tbsp butter

Start the pasta water, bringing to a boil, add a bit of salt and the spaghetti.  Reduce the heat and cook according to directions, usually around 9-10 minutes.  Reserve some of the liquid before draining.  You may need it later.

In a large frying pan heat the oil on medium heat, toss in the onions and cook for 2 minutes.  Add the garlic, cooking for only a minute.  Add the tomatoes, parsley, and the clam JUICE only.  Cook for a few minutes while stirring.  Add the clams and only cook for about 2 minutes.  

Toss the pasta into the skillet, blending well.  Add the butter and a ladle of pasta water.  Plate and garnish with Parmesan if you wish.  This is a super quick meal! 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so simple yet yummy, aka so Italian : ) Are those your tomatoes, if so you rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my "cherry 100" brand of tomato. We've had some crazy hot, dry weather but those did great! I pluck them like candy when I'm out watering.!

      Delete