Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


In our home we celebrate every day as if it were Valentine's Day.  I don't want to sucumb to the outside (media) pressure.  In actuality, there is very little that I NEED.  That's not to say that I don't have desires for, say, a ton of travel in my future.  And, yes I do enjoy dinner out once in a while, choosing, mostly entrees that I will probably never make.  Ravioli with wild boar sauce is one.  You don't see much boar meat in the stores!    Rigatoni with hare meat sauce is another.  I guess I could hunt those rabbits that lounge and gorge on our lawn.  Not likely though...

For Valentine's Day there is a tradition, of sorts, in our family.  My father always sends a nice gift and I try to reciprocate.  My mother always remembers her son-in-law and grandson with something special.  This year they got homemade chocolate chip cookies (The best) Then I pay it forward...I do something special for my son, my special Valentine.  This year I wasn't able to bake his traditional triple chocolate cake for his birthday because we were in the middle of a kitchen remodel.  I promised I'd make it up to him...same cake, different shape.  Happy Valentine's day!


Jeremy's triple chocolate cake

For my hubby, my special everything to me, I always prepare a gourmet meal at home.  To us, it's so much better than going out...quieter, less expensive, more romantic.  So, this year he chose veal scallopine, asparagus and whatever else I can come up with, plus dessert!  We'll spend a nice evening at home and not fight the crowds.

Make every day special, cherish the people in your life.  They're in your life for a reason, I believe...and have a great Valentine's Day, however you celebrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment