Monday, September 12, 2011

A Confession, a Drive in the Country, and a Concert


Yesterday started with a tearful, gut wrenching viewing of the 9/11 anniversary memorial.  My hear ached as I watched the survivors, sons, daughters, mothers, father, spouses recite the names of all 2977 people that perished that beautiful crisp fall morning.  The act by a few deranged men was so senseless!  I found myself gripped with emotion....

On a much less somber note, I have a confession to make.  Once again, I've let the pounds creep back on.  Not hard when you like to cook!  So, I chose a plan that's medically supervised which is between 600-800 calories per day, no bread, beans, butter, wine, (holy crap is all I can say).  Apparently they "guarantee" a loss of 1/2 - 3/4 lbs per day.  The first 2 days are called "binge" days when I needed to eat practically everything in sight.  I was told that I needed to "trick" my brain into thinking I wasn't starving.  I'll buy that...bring on the ice cream!  On the way home from the clinic, my car steered itself to a parking spot in front of Baskin Robbins where I rushed in to pick up my splurge treat - chocolate chip ice cream.  If this was to be a binge, I was going to make it well worth it!  I'll keep you posted on the results.


After lunch, we headed up to Lake Tahoe for a drive.  It was a drizzly day as we reached the summit and quite the welcome change from all the dryness of the summer.  Lake Tahoe is still a very special place for my husband and I.  Such great memories, a simple life but in one of the most majestic settings in the world.  It was a "walk down memory lane" as we drove past our humble beginnings, the homes we either rented or bought at the time.

Last evening we went on a date, not that every day isn't special with hubby.  At the last minute we decided to go see the talented, Kenny Loggins in concert.  Fortunately there were plenty of tickets left.  It was the third time I've been to one of his concerts.  I have to say, that man still has one of the best voices in the business.  As the curtains parted, we all observed a moment of silence for the 9/11 victims, so reverent and touching.  Of course he played  "Footloose",  and "Danger zone", but the real treat was "Celebrate me Home" and "return to Pooh's Corner".  Those are the songs that sing to my spirit as well as bring a few tears to my eyes.

I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to feel the emotions, it just proves I'm alive.  I'm appreciative to live in an area where beauty and splendor is all around me and that I have friends and family to enjoy life with.

Go out and have a wonderful day!  No food today, at least nothing worth writing about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment