Sunday, May 15, 2011

Prosciutto Wrapped Prawns and Asparagus



A week ago I had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of Mother's Day.  No cooking for me, except to make chocolate treats for my mother.   In a previous post I wrote about the cannoli stuffed strawberry french toast my wonderful son created.  To complete the brunch he popped these prosciutto wrapped prawns and asparagus in the oven.

As I mentioned he's multi talented and is very comfortable in the kitchen.  He's a natural...or is it inherited?  There is cooking talent on both sides of the family, so it's a little of both.

These savory goodies go perfectly as a side dish or an appetizer.  They are quick and easy.  (I watched it unfold).  Serve to your guests and they'll think you spent alot of time in the kitchen! 

Ingredients:

(3 servings)  You can double or triple easily.

6 slices of prosciutto

6 prawns, cleaned and deveined

6 cleaned and trimmed asparagus stalks

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking pan or cookie sheet with foil and use pan spray.  Encase the asparagus with prawns.  You'll need to slightly slice the shrimp.  Then wrap them in prosciutto and lay then on the pan.  Bake for 25 minutes or until done.  Simple but elegant and yummy!


Savory bite of prosciutto wrapped asparagus
Thanks, again, Jeremy!

No comments:

Post a Comment