Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lentin Baked Cod


Okay I admit this is not what people are clamoring for before Easter.  Growing up Catholic we had alot of fish during Lent.  (not that I'm complaining)  So, while I prepare to do more baking,  I 'll give you another way to serve a delicious and moist fish.  You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry right now.

Ingredients:

4-5 cod fillets.  I used frozen and thawed.

1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise

1 Tbsp brown mustard

pinch of thyme

pinch of salt and pepper

3 Tbsp flour

3 Tbsp cornmeal

2-3 Tbsp butter, melted

  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Mix the mayo, mustard and spices together in a small bowl.  Brush both sides of cod with this.    Put flour and cornmeal on a plate.  Dredge the fish in the flour mixture and put in a baking dish that already has the melted butter in it.   Turn them once before baking so butter is on both sides.   Bake for about 10 minutes or until  done and flaky.  This was flavorful and moist.

I served them on a bed of brown and wild rice with roasted cherry tomatoes and edamame.  Yum!  And good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment