Friday, April 8, 2011

Change and the Hummingbird


Change is not always good or comfortable.  But, I've learned over the years to embrace it.  It may take you to places and situations  that will cause you to grow, if you're a willing participant.  


This year I decided to conquer several different classes to better myself as a person, foodie, writer, etc.   I'm from the class of "If it's going to be, it's up to me".  Therefore, I aggressively enrolled in my first class, Culinary Sanitation and Health.  Check and done!  Now I go into restaurants and find myself evaluating their sanitation practices.  Not good, because if you look close enough you'll find infractions everywhere.  I created a monster!  I have to say, though, it's probably a class that should be taught in all high schools. 


My next class was "Writing and Publishing your non-fiction book".  Great information for anyone moving in that direction.  It was the "jump start" I needed, although alot of credit goes to my dear friend, Cathie, who's been my guide and cheerleader all rolled up into one great lady.  You can visit her blog at www.supernovel.com/blog


My next endeavor or class will supply the tools to further build my website to make it more interactive and professional.   The classes are "paced" at two lessons per week (way too slow for me), so I'll probably take on another fun class like conversational French.  I have a plan! 


For this year, and perhaps the rest of my life I will be "hummingbird-like", flapping my wings at a rapid pace, but with a calm demeanor, hovering when I need to and drinking in the sweetness of life.  We can learn alot from these miniature creatures.

  On that note, I just took out my hummingbird cake of Southern origins which is loaded with banana, pineapple and pecans.  To frost or not to frost, that is the question!  We will see...I'll worry about that tomorrow....so Southern!

No comments:

Post a Comment