Thursday, May 1, 2014

Chia Breakfast Pudding






What in the world?  Don't knock it until you've tried it!  I can attribute this "experiment" to my beautiful daughter-in-law.  She whips meals together with so many healthy options.  I thought this would be good and after I chowed down my first breakfast pudding made with these ingredients, I swear, I had an unusual amount of energy and no hunger pangs for quite some time.

I didn't have white chia seeds, but you can imagine that the look and consistency would be like a tapioca pudding.  The seeds can be sprinkled on salads, cereals and smoothies, as is.  If you want the tapioca feel, the seeds require a soaking time of at least 10 minutes as they plump up and soften.

Chia Breakfast Pudding

1/2 cup almond milk

1/8 cup (2 Tbsp) chia seeds

1/8 cup (2 Tbsp) rolled oats

dash of vanilla

1 Tbsp raisins

Place these ingredients into a serving bowl, stir and put into the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.  Then stir again and add optional bananas and berries of choice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment