Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lamb and Spring Fritatta - Easter


For Easter Lamb is a tradition, frittata is Italian and time spent with family, Priceless!  That pretty much sums it up for how I spent my Easter.  I sent my husband on his way to Southern California armed with bags of chocolate coconut and chocolate blueberry biscotti to see his family. 


The weekend began with the egg coloring, also a tradition, but I will admit that without small children around I've banished the idea of baskets filled with peeps (never liked those...give me chocolate) and assorted candies and the egg thing!  My mother on the other hand lured me back "into the fold" to color brilliant eggs.



I even watched the master at work display her pie making skills.  

For dinner we marinated thick lamb chops and barbecued them.  To keep things lightened up I made a roasted potato, red pepper, arugula, zucchini and onion frittata.  Love those and you can practically throw anything in them.  A great brunch item!  To round it out we added a nice salad and roasted asparagus.  Home made blueberry pie was sent home for devouring later.  Yum!

If you want a nice marinade for Spring lamb use this:

1/3 cup olive oil

3 garlic cloves, chopped

3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint

1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

salt and pepper (a pinch)

Place all the ingredients into a plastic bag, add the lamb chops and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment