Thursday, May 29, 2014

Grilled Turkey Sliders


If you're looking for an alternative to hamburgers, this fits the bill.  For me, one slider is enough to satisfy a burger craving!  I've always had trouble finishing a big juicy home made burger...sliders where were you all my life?  Turkey hamburgers can  be overly dry, but over the years I've gotten more savvy or just simply more creative about how to overcome dry turkey.  

The secret to these sliders is diced mushrooms.  They add moistness and flavor to an otherwise dry burger.  Try these..turkey isn't just for Thanksgiving!

Grilled Turkey Sliders

1 1/4 lb ground turkey, preferably a mixture of white and dark meat

2 finely diced mushrooms

pinch of garlic powder

1 egg

1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

dash of salt, pepper and herb de Provence

Mix together and form into small patties.  Grill until almost done, add optional cheese slices and melt.  I used smokey cheddar.  I also used Hawaiian sweet buns...tasty.  Garnish with sliced avocado, lettuce and red onion, if you wish. To give it extra spice slather on some wasabi mayo.  If you want fries with that, make some baked sweet potato fries.!

No comments:

Post a Comment