Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rolling Out the Chicken



Almost three years ago when this blog was started I wondered how to get past the 75 or so recipes that were in my repertoire.  I wracked my brain and listed every recipe I've ever made.  Since then I continually strive to push myself to exhibit variety.  I'm happy to say I've surpassed the 400 post and I realize I'm just scratching the surface.  I never knew how to disguise chicken in so many ways.  Here's another one for those of you who need that special chicken dinner!

Chicken Rollups

4 chicken breast, boneless, no skin and pounded

1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped

2 mushrooms, chopped

2 garlic cloves, chopped

NOTE: Additional ingredients inside the text.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a non-stick frying pan add the spinach, mushrooms and garlic.  Stir on medium heat until wilted.  Add the garlic.  Then add 1/4 cup raisins and about 1/4 cup water to plump the raisins and to keep things moist.

On a breadboard lay out the chicken.  Salt and pepper both sides.  Have 8 toothpicks handy to secure the chicken.  Mound some filling on the bottom third of each chicken breast.  Add 1/2 Tbsp of crumbled feta cheese on each one.  Roll up and secure with two toothpicks per breast.

Using an oven proof pan (one you can put on the stove top, also) brown the chicken seam side down first, then turn over.  Add 1/4 cup of broth and 1/4 cup white wine into the pan.  Place into the oven to bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until done.  If there is any leftover broth liquid, pour it over the chicken.  Serve.







No comments:

Post a Comment