Thursday, April 11, 2013

Italian Limoncello Pudding


It's a rare occasion when this girl makes a dessert around here.  Don't get me wrong...I love sweets!  That's the problem.  I don't have a sweet tooth....just a mouthful of sweet teeth!  I'm from the club - "Eat dessert first".  One thing you don't know about me....I will share any part of my meal with you, EXCEPT my ice cream!  My hubby thinks I've lost it when he asks for a taste of my ice cream...He knows better now after getting so many looks that could kill!  So, if you see me out and about with ice cream in my clutches, STEP AWAY!

So, once in a great while these sweet teeth need to be satisfied.  I found this simple dessert that fits in perfectly on my current "eating plan".  It's surprisingly tasty..try it.  I even incorporated some nectar of the Italian gods, limoncello.  Yum!

Ingredients:

1 cup ricotta cheese

2 Tbsp of limoncello

2 Tbsp of honey

zest of 1/2 lemon

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg

1 egg

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Butter (or use butter flavored spray) two 1-cup ramekins.  Whisk together ALL of the ingredients and pour into the ramekins.  Bake for 30 minutes.  This can be served warm over biscotti or as a pudding warm or cold.   Sprinkle a bit of nutmeg on top to finish it off.   Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment