Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Birthday, Nevada!


Today Nevada turns 148 years old.  I bet most of you didn't know that.  So, what does living in Nevada mean to me?  It's taken me quite some time to come to appreciate Northern Nevada and what it has to offer.  I started out in the Lake Tahoe area and, of course, that needs no explanation at all!   Who wouldn't want to wake up to that gem everyday?  Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful areas in the world.

The first time I set foot in the Reno area, though,  I thought someone picked me up and put me into a Western movie set.  I wasn't prepared to "go Cowboy" especially since I was a transplant from the Southern California beaches.   Life has a funny way of humoring you.  Three years later I was living in the Reno area and not loving it.  But, looking back..it was the people not the area that made living there a pleasure.

After many years and a few derails, I still find myself in Northern Nevada.  I look for the beauty on a daily basis during my walks and for the most part I'm ready to photograph all the gorgeous vistas.  Hubby and I developed a routine for a long "hike a week" over the Summer time and discovered some very special secret hideaways.  

There is an abundance of hiking trails just minutes from our house and too many to mention a few miles or hours ride from here.  We plan to cover more territory next Spring/Summer or when the weather allows.  Until then...enjoy the day....cherish the people around you....and look closely at your surroundings.  You're probably right where you need to be at this point in time.

Now for some pictures!
sunset

sunrise

Tahoe - Sand Harbor beach

Tahoe Meadows hike

Outside my door!

Davis Creek area

Heavenly sunset

Change of Season down the street

No comments:

Post a Comment