Monday, July 2, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Pudding


Somewhere in the deep dark black hole of my picture archives is a very old snapshot of a small girl in her highchair eating chocolate pudding.    Attempting to, rather!  Chocolate pudding is smeared all over her face, but she is focused on possibly getting some in her mouth and enjoying her first try at creamy chocolate pudding.  Yes, that's me.  I loved it then and I love it now.

But, this is not your typical (probably a jello product) 50's chocolate pudding.  It's a recipe that you can have with almost no guilt!    The secret ingredient is TOFU!  I hear you cringe while making "that face".  It actually has the consistency of a mousse and the flavor is just decadent enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.  Mine, anyway!  I'm anxious to try different flavors, too.

Ingredients:  Makes about 4-5,  1/2 cup servings

6 oz chocolate chips

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 package of firm tofu (I like Mori Nu silken firm)

raspberries for garnish

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.  In a food processor, blend the tofu and vanilla and add the melted chocolate.   Mix thoroughly.   Okay, that was it.  It's best refrigerated for at least an hour.  Garnish with raspberries or make a "sundae" by adding a few toasted nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment