Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Feast


For Father's day this year we invited some talented caterers over to work their magic!  Actually,  my son and his beautiful girlfriend showed up, once again, with a feast for the father's.   Most of the prep work was done, all I had to do was provide an appetizer and make a salad!  How nice!


They prepared a Hawaiian theme barbecue with marinated and grilled skewered shrimp, grilled sweet potato fries and grilled juicy pineapple.  Children can be such a blessing and these two, although not children, are  truly a gift.  Everything was delicious!   To complete the day and the Hawaiian theme, simple ice cream cones!   More new flavors!   A butter yellow colored Persian  ice cream with  floral rosewater, a hint of earthy saffron and pistachios!  Then a Hawaiian rocky road, dedicated to my husband's father who passed over 25 years ago.  It was always his favorite!   He would have loved his grandson's ice cream making ability!  I know my dad did!



My contribution to the menu was garden salad made with more spinach from my garden, and a new edition to my line of homemade salad dressings.  Apricot Ginger.  I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Thanks, again, to Jeremy and Leilani for being such gracious, creative and talented human beings, who selflessly honored their dad and grandfather with their Father's Day Feast and just their presence!  I Love you!

And I especially love my husband who is the greatest hubby and father, and my dad (above) who has always been there for me.  I appreciate you, both!

No comments:

Post a Comment