Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Quinoa Cup Cake


No, this is not a recipe for a sweet cupcake with quinoa as the main ingredient, although I will be making some muffins with quinoa in the future.  Hubby put in a recent request for some "meatless" dinners!  All I can say is, "be careful what you wish for"!    As he arrived home last night I was throwing stuff in a bowl, scary!  He knows after almost 40 years of being together to "trust me"!    And he did, and he was pleasantly surprised or at least, he should win the best actor award!

This post is not about that dinner (in the future) but the following day for my brunch.  I use that word loosely...  Instead of a savory quinoa I wanted to try a sweet concoction.  Here it goes...

Ingredients

1/2 cup pre-cooked quinoa

1 tsp agave sweetener

1/4 cup pre-cooked applesauce  (I make a batch once in a while to go with yogurt or oatmeal.  1-2 apples, peeled and sliced, a little water, cinnamon and stevia packet.  Boil and simmer for a while...done.)

2 tsp vanilla Greek yogurt

a sprinkle of cinnamon

 a drizzle of agave for garnish

Mix the quinoa and agave together so it's sticky.  Place in a mold or 1/2 cup container, press down and flip over carefully on a serving plate to remove.  Presentation is everything!  Garnish with apples, yogurt, cinnamon and a drizzle of agave.  What satisfying, tasty treat, seriously!  This is one serving but can easily be doubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment