Sunday, January 9, 2011

Help - I'm addicted to Painting!




Yes, I'm either a glutton for punishment or slightly addicted to painting. I decided it was time to put a fresh coat on several walls this weekend. With the much needed help of my hubby ( and my wondercat who watched and played under the plastic tarp) we tackled the hallways and a few other random walls. Nothing drastic but just covering up some of the old colors I'd gotten tired of.




So after all the backbreaking, neck wrenching work we finished, admired our work and jumped into the shower so we could go out to dinner. Hooray. We had our heart set on Thai but forgot the restaurant we frequent was not open on Sundays. Boo! What to do! It would have to be one of my "pantry" dinners because I was quickly fading into the sunset energy wise. Sometimes being able to throw a good meal together in a pinch seems like such a curse!




I put my thinking cap on and went to the pantry. This was certainly easier than jumping in the car to go to the store when its 20 degrees outside! I knew it would be a pasta dish because of the simplicity I needed. Spaghetti with clam sauce! I did this recipe in July if you need to refer to it. I didn't have any mushrooms so I deleted them. It would still be great without them. Cooking is so forgiving!




We sat down to a home cooked meal in less than 30 minutes. Mission accomplished! Now if I could only teach my cat how to give a good neck massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment