Friday, May 31, 2013

Apricot and Rosemary Glazed Chicken


Seriously, chicken again?!  I had good intentions of posting my chocolate chip espresso biscotti, but the powers that be  and the inability to download pictures to my computer from my phone won the battle.  No apologies necessary for this chicken, though.

For this recipe I used chicken breast "strips".  Once they go on the grill they'll cook very quickly, so have everything else (side dishes) ready to go!

Ingredients:

8 pieces of chicken breast strips

1 Tbsp brown sugar

2 Tbsp rosemary (I used dried)

2/3 cup of apricot preserves

2 Tbsp soy sauce (I used low sodium)

1/8 - 1/4 tsp red chili flakes

In a shallow pie plate mix the brown sugar and 1 tsp of the rosemary.  Lay the chicken in this and turn to coat and rub.

In a small saucepan, add the apricot preserves, soy sauce, chili flakes and the rest of (1 Tbsp) of the rosemary.  Heat on low until it begins to bubble.

Put the chicken onto skewers, threading through the middle so they are stable.  Place on to your waiting grill.  It helps to "grease" the grill before putting on the meat.  After turning once brush the glaze on, turn again and brush, brush, brush.  

These are sweet, smokey with a bit of heat from the chilies.  The best part is....they were simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment