Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Pudding


Pudding Girl


Looks like I was exposed to chocolate pudding at a very young age.  But, I'm still that girl in many ways!  Don't bother me when I'm smearing pudding on my face!  Yes, that's one of those pictures that can be used to blackmail you at a much later time in life or propel you into the famous Gerber baby archives.  The fact remains, though, this girl loves her chocolate pudding!

This concoction was no different.  I even impressed the hubby with it.  It has healthy ingredients hidden inside ...avocado, banana and chocolate!   Try it, you'll like it....

Adapted from edibleperspective.com

Ingredients:

2 ripe avocados

2 ripe medium bananas  (The riper the banana, the sweeter this becomes.)

6-8 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa (I used half sweetened and half unsweetened.)

1 tsp vanilla flavoring

1 tsp cinnamon

In a food processor blend and pulse the avocados and bananas.  Then add the cocoa powder, vanilla and cinnamon and pulse until well blended.   The original recipe called for 1-2 scoops of protein powder, but I didn't add that this time.

Put into a  covered bowl in the refrigerator for at least an hour.  Serve with fresh berries and a bit of nuts sprinkled on top.  You'll wonder why you've never tried this before!


No comments:

Post a Comment