Thursday, March 21, 2013

Twisted Fork - Restaurant Review

Switching gears....a restaurant review for the Twisted Fork in South Reno


Twisted Fork

The name, Twisted Fork, for me, conjures up images from early days of MTV featuring a big hair band called "Twisted Sister".  I'll just say, I'm way off base.  This new eating establishment in South Reno hit a home run on a recent visit.

I confess, I was a little worried because I had started ANOTHER weight loss plan.  More on that when I'm willing to divulge, but this is neither the time or place, right now.  Eating out can make or break good intentions.  I was prepared and did my groundwork, perusing the menu online before I got to the door.  We didn't make reservations, big mistake, as it was jam packed.  That's either a good sign or it was Washington's birthday weekend.  Both were true!

Twisted Fork has an innovative, varied menu.  There is something for everyone!  Entrees such as tiger shrimp tamal, (tamale)  pan roasted salmon, roasted chicken & ham potpie,  porcini mushroom ravioli and risotto crab croquettes grace the menu.  I chose a root vegetable salad, mixed greens with a cashew encrusted goat cheese and topped with a side of seared ahi.  Wonderful and beautiful presentation.




The service was good as was the atmosphere.  I'll be sure to return...there is an order of tiger shrimp tamale with my name on it!

Open for lunch and dinner next to RC Wiley on Steamboat Parkway in South Reno.

1 comment:

  1. This is a topic that is close to my heart.
    .. Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details though?



    my website Skip Navigation

    ReplyDelete