Sunday, March 3, 2013

Blackberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken


You've seen those pricey decorative bottles of infused balsamic at specialty stores and farmer's markets.  I thought I would take a chance when I purchased a tall bottle of blackberry ginger balsamic at a nearby farmer's market last Summer.  Pricey?  Yes!  So, this concoction will go onto my "to make home made" bucket list.  In the meantime,  I graced an otherwise plain piece of chicken with a balsamic honey glaze.  Delicious!

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp herbs de Provence

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp thyme

1/4 tsp pepper

1 tsp oil

4 thin chicken breast "steaks"

2 Tbsp blackberry ginger balsamic vinegar

2 Tbsp honey

Season the chicken on both sides with the herbs, salt, pepper and thyme.  In a large skillet heat the oil on medium.  Brown the chicken on both sides, cooking for about 7 minutes on each side, remove from the pan (keep warm) while making the glaze/sauce.

In a small saucepan, on low-medium heat,  add the honey and vinegar.  Simmer and stir until the mixture thickens.  Pour over the chicken.  

I  served it over a bed of arugula and the glaze was perfect for a salad dressing as well.

NOTE:  You can certainly use the same skillet for the glaze that you used for the chicken.  I did it separately, in case I had leftover sauce for a salad the next day.  (I didn't want chicken bits in it.)  Crazy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment