Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Standing in the Soup Line - Sicilian Soup


With much thought and while anguishing over whether to write about the latest election...I decided to go "forward"  Most likely my views will upset approximately 51% of American out there, but last time I checked I had the freedom to "stir it up"!  So, no matter who you voted for or against and for whatever un-Godly reason,  allow me to have my say.  I voted for CHARACTER!  Pure and simple and that lack of will be revealed within the next 4 years!

With that said, Let's get busy and make some soup.  That way you'll know how to make it yourself without having to stand in those long soup lines.  (humor me)  49% of us need a good belly laugh.

Ingredients:

3 Italian chicken sausages, removed from casings, crumbled

2 Tbsp olive oil

1 cup yellow onion, chopped

1-2 bella type mushrooms, sliced

2 cups, eggplant, peeled and cubed

2 cups spinach/arugula mix

1 can (15.5 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

2 tomatoes, peeled and cut (you can use canned)

1/2 tsp Italian seasoning

1 cup chicken broth

2 cups water

1/2 cup white wine

salt and pepper to taste

First brown the sausage in a large soup pot.  Add the oil and saute the onions, mushrooms and eggplant for a few minutes.  Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.   Reduce the heat to simmer, cover loosely and simmer for about 40 minutes.  Now serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment