Saturday, March 10, 2012

Raisin Bran Chip Cookies


I'm always looking for a healthy alternative to sweets.  I do have a sweet tooth!  I found this recipe right on the back of hubby's cereal box, and it looked worth trying, but tweaking!  This is what I came up with.  It's worth mentioning that they didn't last a full 24 hours!  Oh no...that just means they satisfied that sweet tooth!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup oil

2 Tbsp water

2 egg whites slightly beaten (I used egg beaters)

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/8 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups raisin bran

1 cup flour

1/4 cup nuts,  chopped (I used pecans)

1/4 cup or less mini  semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix the sugar, oil, water, eggs, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl.  Add the cereal and flour stirring well.  Add the nuts and chips.  Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.  Remove and cool completely.  Store in a tightly covered container.  (I skipped that part, they disappeared quickly)  Makes between 2-3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment