Monday, November 28, 2011

Build a Better Beer Bread


My son called the other day to get this recipe.  I have it in my "archives" and forgot about it until now.  It's funny how food conjures up the memories as does music.  I can remember many nights when we had this doughy bread to accompany soups and stews.  It just seems to complete the meal.  Picture and baking credits go to him for this post.  He is a much better cook than me.  Looks good, Jeremy..I can almost taste it!  

 Bread is one of my comfort foods (next to chocolate).  Although, I don't claim to be a baker, this recipe is virtually fool proof!   It only has three ingredients, so there's not much room for error!

Best Ever Beer Bread

3 cups self rising flour

3 Tablespoons sugar

1 can or bottle (12 oz) WARM beer

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.  Dust a greased loaf pan with flour.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  After 50 minutes, brush the top with butter and continue to bake for the remainder of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment