Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Easy Salmon Pockets-Costa Rican Style



The inspiration for this fish feast came from way back in my memory. I was a campfire girl lots of years ago, and actually a Bluebird before that! I learned many things and was fortunate to go to Summer Camp. If my memory serves me well (sometimes not!), our troop made a kind of "Hobo stew'. We wrapped hamburger, potatoes, carrots, onions and seasonings together in foil and barbecued or baked them. No cleanup. Very smart troop leader! Anyway, That's where I got the idea for these salmon packets or pockets.
All you need to create these pockets is a piece of foil and the following ingredients.
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
salmon filet (card size)
1 slice onion (optional)
salt and pepper
handful of fresh spinach
drizzle of olive oil
drizzle of honey (optional)
Lay the filet on the foil and add the spices first, drizzle of honey, spinach and finish with the oil. Wrap up and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or less at 375. They will steam cook in the foil and be very moist. Enjoy! Pura Vida!!

1 comment:

  1. I love wrapping things up and cook them. They become so moist.

    ReplyDelete