Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vanilla Peachy Colada


Peaches and zucchini were plentiful this year in our area of the world. I expect to create a few more surprises in the next couple of weeks with the season's bounty. I'm thinking maybe a zucchini lasagna or more zucchini cookies with apples and spices!


When I woke to rain this morning it was a pleasant surprise. I felt as though a good Umbrian soup or clam chowder would be appropriate but I know those days are ahead. Last week we experienced another blast of summer. I had made a cocktail from some peaches and wanted to share it with you. The only thing missing is the 95 degree weather but just as it's five o'clock somewhere it is surely 100 degrees still somewhere!


2 shots of vanilla vodka

2 ripe small peaches

1 c crushed ice

1 tsp sugar

2 drops vanilla flavoring

1 drop coconut flavoring


Peel and pit peaches and place in blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and pour into a nice stemmed glass. Garnish with mint or a peach slice. Serves 2.

1 comment:

  1. That drink would go great with tortillas and guacamole. It looks very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete