Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bodega Bay


Today, we'll switch gears! Earlier this month we took a little mini vacation to get some much needed rest and a respite from the sweltering heat. I found a great deal on the coast of California in the small fishing village of Bodega Bay. It is mostly known for Alfred Hitchcock's movie, "The Birds". But, frankly, I didn't care if there was birds or buffalo on the beach, we were going!

We had the most relaxing time! There really isn't much to do except take long walks on the beach, eat seafood and take pictures. We indulged at the Duckwater Restaurant which was part of the Bodega Bay Inn and Spa. The butterscotch creme brulee was forced upon us as was the triple berry crisp! We also tried the sauna and jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. How romantic is that? I have to say that this retreat touched all my senses. From the crashing of the waves, the feel of sand between my toes, the smell of salt air and eucalyptus and, of course, the luscious food. My soul was filled! I was a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment