Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Low Carb Breakfast Muffins



I miss bread!  I'm not going to lie.  I fantasize about a warm crusty on the outside, soft on the inside chunk of French bread slathered with melting European butter (there is a difference).  But, as I slip back to reality, I realize that bread is not on the menu for a while.  Or, is it?  After much searching for the right recipe I settled for a muffin that could be popped into the microwave in a pinch.

Disclaimer:  This recipe is for the carb deprived only.  It's not going to taste remotely like a chunk of French bread, bagel or slice of toast.  IT IS UNIQUE, but satisfied my craving for bread.  I plan to tweak the recipe a bit, add coconut flour next time instead of so much flax seed meal.

Low Carb Microwave Muffins

4 Tablespoons of flax seed meal

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 packet sweetener (stevia or truvia)

1 tsp cinnamon

1 egg

1 tsp butter

Place the dry ingredients into a coffee mug, mix and add the egg and softened butter. Mix again.   At this time you can add some blueberries or raspberries (3 or so).  Microwave for 1 minute.  Remove from the mug, slather with butter or cream cheese and TRY to enjoy.  Not bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment