Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014



Christmas arrived and left, for me, not soon enough!  I do enjoy Christmas, at least that's what I kept repeating over and over again, until I believed it.  I guess I just got a late start on things, then the rush and panic set in, as my soul wanted to board an airplane for nowhere in particular, just away!   I enjoy the magic, the lights, decorations, baking and reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas.  The presents, shopping for, wrapping them and receiving them is the problem, for me.

In recent years our family and friends did, indeed, get away to the beaches of the Mexican riviera.  I was able to experience a more serene, relaxing, peaceful Christmas.  There is no comparison....  As I swam in the ocean or laid around by the pool, I couldn't help chuckling about how chaotic it probably was back home.  Most years we'd go into town and purchase a small trinket to give to each other.  Nothing over the top or expensive...the vacation was the gift...a special time with family and friends, your "chosen family".

This year we stayed close to home, had family over for our seafood feast on Christmas Eve.  Be careful what you wish for.  My wish was to have a white Christmas, but it could have waited a few hours.  The wind blew in, with mostly cold temperatures and a bit of rain and snowflakes, just enough to screw up the roads with a nice sheet of ice where we live, making driving difficult for some invited guests.  We enjoyed our time with whomever was willing and able to make the drive.  To those who couldn't make it, you were missed!

Christmas day we went to grandma and grandpa's home for a prime rib roast feast!  Delicious.  Did I mention we also had left over tiramisu to bring along?  How does that happen?  We opened gifts and enjoyed each other's company.

We don't know what next year will bring, but I'll start wishing and praying now for another special Christmas.   Enjoy some of the pictures....and Happy New Year!

Butter lettuce with crisp apple, gorgonzola, glazed walnuts drizzled with orange vinaigrette.

Seafood pasta sauce...lobster, crab, shrimp and scallops

Beautiful family opening their gifts


No comments:

Post a Comment