Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Southwestern Turkey Pinto Spinach Salad


I'm sure this may not look like much to you but to me, it tasted like heaven!   For a little over two weeks now I've had no coffee, no sugar, barely any meat, mostly turkey, chicken and fish.  No alcohol (okay, I sipped 2 ounces one night and 2 ounces the next)  And no cheese, no carbs except for the allotted 1/2 cup of brown rice per day.  Why?  Because it's necessary !  Has it been easy? no...the first two days were a struggle.  Have I lost some weight? Yes, teetering on 7-8 lbs.  Is that enough? No...but now I've hit a plateau for the past few days.  

Does this stubborn scale make me crazy?  Yes!  So...I'll "break the fast" so to speak for a day and return to the plan.  Maybe that will shake things up.  In the mean time here is a simple way to incorporate pinto beans into your diet.  I made a big batch the other day and simply throw a few into salads or a faux wrap (without using a tortilla, lettuce works).  Beans are a great source of protein, they fill you up and stave off cravings, I've found.

On a bed of spinach, add about 1/3 cup beans, sliced turkey, avocado and salsa for dressing and there you have it!   Very satisfying, filling and delicious.

STAY TUNED for a restaurant review possibly.  I haven't done one of those in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment