Friday, August 17, 2012

Orange Glazed Chicken


One of the first meals I've ever made was a Polynesian chicken.  My mother decided to go back to school to become a nurse, so I was let loose in the kitchen...kind of.  She would find a recipe I could follow, furnish all the ingredients and I would take it from there and create!   It was nice that my family survived my cooking at such a young age and that my mom could fulfill her dream and have it become one of her greatest accomplishments in life.

I found this chicken recipe on a fellow blogger's site called One Perfect Bite.  Her blog is simple and beautiful.  I took the recipe and halved it, but only changed it slightly because I could tell it was going to be awesome.  You decide.

Orange Glazed Chicken

1/4 cup orange marmalade

1 tsp cider vinegar

1 Tbsp honey

1/2 Tbsp lime juice

1 tsp spicy brown mustard

1 tsp grated ginger

1/8 tsp five spice powder

4-5 boneless chicken thighs

1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley

1 Tbsp sesame seeds

Place marmalade in a bowl and microwave on HIGH for about 45 seconds.  Stir to loosen it and add vinegar, honey, lime juice, mustard, ginger and five spice while stirring to combine.  You can cook your chicken on the grill or broil.  I used a gas grill and after turning the chicken, I basted with the sauce during the last 4-5 minutes.  Plate the chicken and sprinkle with the parsley and sesame seeds.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment