Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Spicy Wing Sauce


I've made chicken wings for years, however I've only made a few attempts at making my own signature sauce.  Usually it was easier to pick up a bottle of wing sauce and slather it on while baking.  I can proudly say that I don't deep fry them anymore, haven't in a while!  Trying to eat healthily is a full time job it seems!

Supposedly, the future is bright when it comes to food prep.  According to the media we will run out of food and will resort to eating crickets for our protein source so this whole blog will be in vain!  The sound of that almost sends me running to buy acres and acres of land and produce my own food.  Or, at least, get a greenhouse.  Any solutions?

As long as there are chicken wings out there, this is a nice sauce to slather over them.  Try it!

Spicy Wing Sauce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

1/4 cup your favorite barbecue sauce

2 Tbsp ketchup

1 Tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce

1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce

1 tsp sriracha sauce

2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce

about 20 wings or wing parts


Spray a cookie sheet with pan spray.  Put all ingredients, except wings, in a bowl, mixing well.  Cook the plain wings for about 15 minutes, turn and brush both sides with sauce.  Continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until done.





No comments:

Post a Comment