Thursday, November 6, 2014

Cheesy Halibut



Everyone has cravings and I'm no different!  Now that I live in the middle of High Desert country (land locked) my cravings for FRESH seafood are more intense.   Even growing up near the ocean I don't remember having halibut very often.    I had my share of tuna, swordfish and sole which, I guess, are warm water fish.  We were given a gift of some halibut fillets recently and I couldn't wait to try this recipe.

It would work just as well with cod, snapper or sole, too.  Any mild flavored fish will love the blanket of cheesy goodness and you will also!

Cheesy Halibut

Serves 2

2 halibut fillets

1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

2 Tbsp butter, softened

2 Tbsp mayonnaise

1 Tbsp lemon juice

2-3 Tbsp green onions, chopped

a sprinkle of salt (optional)

a dash of hot sauce (optional, but gives it some heat)

Turn the broiler to high.  Spray or butter a baking dish.  Place the halibut in baking dish.  In a bowl add the remaining ingredients from cheese to hot sauce.  Mix well and set aside.

Broil the fish for about 8-10 minutes or until just done and flakes using a fork.  Spread the cheese mixture on top and continue to broil for another 1-2 minutes or until it's bubbly.   Serve on top of rice or orzo.  Delicious!!




No comments:

Post a Comment